Tuesday, April 4, 2017

I'm teaching classes at a new Studio !


Hello Stitchers! I couldn't resist opening with that greeting as I am happy to tell you that I will be teaching classes at a new studio opening in Berkeley starting in May.

Hello Stitch Studio - a fully provisioned sewing and quilting studio located in Berkeley CA. 

I'm so excited to have this opportunity and will start with a few different garment basics classes as well as a fit lab class. Coming up in the future are classes for a button front shirts, jeans and of course coats/jackets!  It is a fully equipped studio so no need to bring machines or equipment (although you are welcome to bring your own to use).  The owners are quilters as well as sewers so the studio will have something for everyone.

Hello Stitch website image


Here are the details on the classes for May and June. The Tunic Top class and Skirt class have two different sessions scheduled. On the website the class listings have more descriptions of what I will be covering such as choosing your size, seam finishes, and even how to make changes in the pattern to make it just right for you.

Basics - Tunic Top Class
Saturday May 13 & 20, 10am-1pm  and Sat. July 15 & 22, 2pm-5pm

Basics -  Skirt Class     
Saturday May 13 & 20, 2pm-5pm  and Sat. July 15 & 22, 10am-1pm

Basics - Shift Dress
Sunday June 4 & 11,  12:30pm-4:30pm

Fit Lab - Fit a pattern just for you.
Saturday June 17, 10am - 5 pm

For the garment classes details on on the website listings, I have suggested specific sewing patterns, choosing an indie pattern option as well as a Big 4 pattern but if you already have a pattern for a tunic top, skirt or shift dress I'm sure that will work. Also when you register we will provide info on what to bring and prepping your fabric before the class.

From their about page:

"Hello Stitch is a creative studio in Berkeley CA that specializes in quilting and sewing. Owners Stacey, Kristen and Terri wanted to create a space where people can be inspired to sew and create things by hand. We believe that working with textiles can serve as an outlet for expression and a way of life. A way for people to feel better about their lives. By providing a variety of classes and sewing machines to rent, we hope to excite people new to the craft as well as experienced crafters."

Sign up for their newsletter to get updated on all the classes and details. We'll be scheduling more classes for the coming months as well. The studio is located on University Avenue, a few blocks down from Shattuck (walkable from the Berkeley Bart Station). Classes are available to anyone and the garment classes come with 2 hours of studio time so you can arrive early or stay after to continue working on your item. They offer membership so if you want to sew with others, get a discount on classes or need a fully equipped sewing space that is available. That info will be on the website in the next few days.

Can you tell I'm super excited? I hope to meet lots of local stitchers and sew together there. Or even out of town stitchers - add it to your bay area vacation :)

If you have any questions feel free to email me  (the link to email me is at the upper right under my profile pic).

Happy Sewing, Beth


Quilt hello flags






9 comments:

  1. Great news Beth. I would love to come to your classes but as I live in the UK this is not possible. Please keep up your blog though, I really enjoy it and learn lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wish I could jump in!! What a fun and exciting time for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your upcoming classes! If I lived nearby (I'm in Victoria BC Canada) I would be signing up for them for sure. I always enjoy reading your blog for your practical, down-to-earth approach and I'm sure your in-person classes will be just the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on teaching sewing at what seems to be a great place for individuals to learn to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great news Beth! I am sooooo happy for you and Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taking a coat class taught by you would definitely get me over the bridge! Keep us posted :)

    ReplyDelete